I was having trouble this weekend with a 2820sa on 6.1-RELEASE. Although
those problems went away when I downsized my largest partitions below 2TB,
the system was still crashing _a lot_, always with aac0 timeouts, and
eventually a message:

Warning! Controller is no longer running! code=0xbcef0100

I turned off quotas and all is well.

-----

So ... is it possible that the quota problems in 6.1 would cause a raid
controller to crash ? (it seems to be the case)

What are the details of the 6.1 quota problems (I am running them fine in
6.0, with a 1610sa adaptec sata raid card) and is there some kind of
tuning or workaround that would allow them to be run ?

Is there a forthcoming patch that I can apply to 6.1-RELEASE without
reloading the whole OS ?

Thanks.