--------------enig0EF28DF9D4686C8E7272200C

Adam Maloney wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>> Speaking of filesytems , I have a real need for a global filesystem
>> (or

> "me too"
>
> I played with CODA a few months ago but it didn't seem to be solid, and
> didn't fit my needs. Everything else I've looked at is Linux-only.
> Please follow-up to the list, I'd be very interested in seeing what
> other projects are available.

I don't know if DRBD [1] is a good implementation (Linux only), but it
works flawlessly, replication is fast (i got ~35MB/s) and it's quite
simple to get it working.

ENBD [2] isn't based on the same concept, it "exports" block devices
through network via userland application, though it needs a kernel
module for client side.

I'd like something like DRBD exists for FreeBSD but I'm not aware of
such an implementation.

[1] http://www.drbd.org/
[2] http://www.it.uc3m.es/~ptb/nbd/

-- flz