On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 04:35:54PM -0500, Jim Rees wrote:
> I'm sorry we haven't been better about sharing our plans.

No problem, I'm happy to see that the code is simply there :-)

> We are holding back new code pending the release of FreeBSD 5.2, which will
> be the first to incorporate our client. After that we'll be working on gss,
> and hope to test a client with kerberos and maybe lipkey at Connectathon in
> late Feb. Look for it to show up in the FreeBSD source tree shortly after
> that.

Ah, so the existing mounts_nfs4 doesn't have gss. I'll wait until after
Feb to do any testing with it then.

> Right now I'm working on some small cleanups. I want to have the v3 and v4
> clients both use the same rpc, so that v3 will get the benefits of rpcsec.
> I want to fix the layering violations and backward references that currently
> make it impossible to have completely separate v3 and v4 client modules.

Interesting stuff. It sounds like v3 will get a bit of a dusting off in
teh process.

> There is still plenty of work to do before the client is fully functional.
> You can use it, but as it is now you don't get many of the benefits of v4.
> That will come later.

Thanks for the update!

-T

--
"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
- Albert Einstein