Hi,

I've setup a firewall with a compact flash instead of a hard-drive. This is
the output of mount:
/dev/ad0s2a on / (ufs, local, read-only)
mfs:17 on /var (mfs, asynchronous, local)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
mfs:36 on /dev (mfs, asynchronous, local)

As you see, I mount the compact flash as read-only and I setup a memory
filesystem for /var

In my rc.conf file:
diskless_mount="/etc/rc.diskless2"
varsize="131072"

Output of: df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/ad0s2a 229942 197570 13978 93% /
mfs:17 63471 56584 1810 97% /var
procfs 4 4 0 100% /proc
mfs:36 1503 66 1317 5% /dev

Output of: df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/ad0s2a 225M 193M 14M 93% /
mfs:17 62M 55M 1.8M 97% /var
procfs 4.0K 4.0K 0B 100% /proc
mfs:36 1.5M 66K 1.3M 5% /dev

Output of: du -h -d 1 /var
364K /var/db
1.0K /var/account
3.0K /var/at
1.0K /var/backups
1.0K /var/crash
2.0K /var/cron
1.0K /var/empty
5.0K /var/games
1.0K /var/heimdal
3.2M /var/log
31K /var/mail
2.0K /var/msgs
1.0K /var/preserve
47K /var/run
1.0K /var/rwho
16K /var/spool
3.0K /var/tmp
1.0K /var/yp
1.6M /var/mrtg
2.0K /var/ucd-snmp
5.3M /var

Output of: du -d 1 /var
364 /var/db
1 /var/account
3 /var/at
1 /var/backups
1 /var/crash
2 /var/cron
1 /var/empty
5 /var/games
1 /var/heimdal
3299 /var/log
31 /var/mail
2 /var/msgs
1 /var/preserve
47 /var/run
1 /var/rwho
16 /var/spool
3 /var/tmp
1 /var/yp
1670 /var/mrtg
2 /var/ucd-snmp
5456 /var

It seems to have a big difference between the output of df and du (I know, I
read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO....html#DU-VS-DF ),
but it's now explaining everything. I could be the way I setup it.

My problem is, my /var partition is getting filled very quickly and I don't
know why ? I don't know what to clean. I've already deleted some log, but
I saved only 2% of free space or 1000 block.

I don't know what is taking all this space ? Any ideas ?

Vincent Goupil