FreeBSD file system query NFS? - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on FreeBSD file system query NFS? - FreeBSD ; Can anyone advise which versions of FreeBSD can be installed using NFS ? J. posted to m.f.f, m.f.q, --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system ( http://www.grisoft.com ). Version: 6.0.507 / Virus Database: 304 - ...

  1. FreeBSD file system query NFS?

    Can anyone advise which versions of FreeBSD can be installed using NFS ?

    J.

    posted to m.f.f, m.f.q,

    ---

  2. Re: FreeBSD file system query NFS?

    "Petri Simolin" wrote in message
    > 4.8,5.0,5.1 for sure. Don't know about older versions.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Petri Simolin

    Hi Petri,

    That's great - thanks for your prompt reply.

    2nd question:

    What is the difference between the mini-os (240+Mb) and the complete OS (2
    ISO's of 640+Mb and 240+Mb respectively).

    Is the mini-OS just the basics, without the other standard typical *Nix type
    applications.

    (I need to install *any* OS that uses NFS, in order to access a NFS hard
    drive from a Snap Server which won't boot via it's own OS - I'm hoping the
    second (data) partition, on this other drive, is still accessible...!) So
    far, trying to access the drive via Linux has proved difficult and via the
    various Windows 9x tools (LTools, R-Linux, Explore2fs) I can "see" the drive
    but not access it.

    Cheers,

    J.

    ---