On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Ian FREISLICH wrote:

> Yet, a colleague managed to configure the phone using his Mac over
> that very slow link - analog leased line at 28.8kbps. I do
> occasionally see resets even when not using delayed ack.

Hrm. Maybe the phone determines the RTT based on how quickly the SYN-ACK
was acknowledged, then drops the connection after 2xRTT? Sounds crazy,
but it would be no more crazy than the rest of the phone's TCP stack.

> I'm in communication with the vendor, so hopefully this will get
> fixed. Interestingly, this is one of the few phones that I've been
> able to interact with web and telnet while it's busy on a call.
> Guess you win some... and loose some.
>
> Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
>
> Ian

Ah, good. I hope that you are able to convince them to improve the phone;
it sounds like it should not be that difficult for them to fix the
RST-related issues. The lack of sliding window is just a performance
issue, so they can live without that.

-Mike