On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:45:49AM -0500, Adam McDougall wrote:

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 02:37:56PM +0000, Robert Watson wrote:

OK, I've attached an initial patch that does this -- we still need to keep
the lookup code for NFSv2, where the file handle of the new node isn't
returned with the reply, but I drop the EEXIST handling cases. Does this
look reasonable to you? I'm not set up to easily test this scenario,
however.

Robert N M Watson

I should be able to test this patch (or a later version) this weekend.

Seems to work. I ran the original test case for several minutes without
error for over 2000 iterations. I only tested it on -stable by applying
the patch manually. If it is required I test it verbatim on 7, let me
know and I will. Thanks.