Quoting Peter Schuller (from Fri, 16 Nov =20
2007 01:36:47 +0100):

>> Can somebody who has done MySQL benchmarks (e.g. Kris Kennaway, but I
>> don't want to point fingers ) try them when MySQL is hosted on ZFS?
>> I'm currently having a problem where mysqld gets stuck in "zfs" state
>> and it becomes completely unusable and unkillable. The machine generally
>> works, but cannot be rebooted from the OS in this case (it must be
>> manually power-cycled).

> I had an unkillable MySQLd a while ago that required reboot (pre-RELENG_7
> CURRENT). It was in uninterruptable sleep, but I can't swear to whether it
> was in zfs state. This was on a quadcore core 2 duo.
>
> I can do some sysbenching on a dual core machine with and without ZFS, but=

it
> sounds like that won't be more useful than what you already have available=

..

If you really do benchmarks and not failure verification, you should =20
take care about the recordsize attribute in the corresponding ZFS, =20
else you may get suboptimal performance (this is a suggestion of SUN =20
for the use of ZFS with DBs, personally I don't have access to a =20
machine where the DB is used enough that we could notice a performance =20
difference).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
The most disagreeable thing that your worst enemy says to your face does
not approach what your best friends say behind your back.
=09=09-- Alfred De Musset

http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org netchild @ FreeBSD.org : PGP ID =3D 72077137