--nextPart2128217.pFPbnnSvEz

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Eric Schuele wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having some strangeness with respect to my atheros based card on
> releng_7. This may not sound like much... but together they concern
> me. I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar things.
>
> 1) I've seen two panics while trying to bring the interface up over
> the last few weeks.
> 2) I get disconnected every night from my wireless router at home.
> 99% of the time it happens after I've gone to bed. Once or twice...
> while I was sitting in front of it. It just disassociates?
> 3) When I am at the office, my card will *never* obtain an ip
> address from our DHCP server upon first booting. I must *always*
> down the interface, kill dhclient, bring the interface up and start
> dhclient.
>
> Note that "nothing" has changed aside from upgrading to FreeBSD 7.0.=20
> By this I mean I've used all/most/many of the same config files to
> configure things. Maybe thats the problem, I don't know.
>
> What can I provide that might offer insight? Below is a little.

"Me too" (although I am running -current).

I find that WPA-EAP seems to take ages to connect and quite often it will
need me to do wpa_cli reassociate and wait before it will work.

WPA-PSK doesn't seem to disconnect very often at all for me but I have seen
it happen.

My wpa_supplicant.conf..

ctrl_interface=3D/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=3Dwheel

network=3D{
ssid=3D"dons"
key_mgmt=3DWPA-EAP
phase2=3D"auth=3DMSCHAPV2"
identity=3D"username"
password=3D"password"
}

network=3D{
ssid=3D"Genesis"
key_mgmt=3DWPA-PSK
psk=3D"mykey"
}

The WPA-EAP AP is a WRT54G running OpenWRT, the WPA-PSK one is an Alloy
WDS24108AP (which I believe has some Atheros chipset in it)

[inchoate 16:30] ~ >dmesg | grep ath
ath_hal: 0.9.20.3 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, RF5111, RF5112, RF2413, RF5413)
ath0: mem 0xfafe0000-0xfafeffff irq 9 at device 3.0 on pci2
ath0: [ITHREAD]
ath0: using obsoleted if_watchdog interface
ath0: Ethernet address: 00:90:96:c1:90:54
ath0: mac 5.9 phy 4.3 radio 4.6

[inchoate 16:31] ~ >uname -a
=46reeBSD inchoate.localdomain 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #3: Tue Nov =
6 02:13:04 CST 2007 darius@inchoate.localdomain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/I=
NCHOATE i386

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."