On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 08:52:17PM -0500, Adam McDougall wrote:
> In my perforce branch, this is already improved. FreeBSD will detect
> disk name changes, etc. It already does, but only with ATA disks.

Any ideas when/if we are going to see an updated ZFS in RELENG_7? The
problem with zfs keeping a device open twice:

# zpool replace -f pool concat/cat0 concat/cat0
invalid vdev specification
the following errors must be manually repaired:
concat/cat0 is in use (r1w1e1)

which we discussed on the Opensolaris zfs-discuss forum, is still there
and it's a royal PITA
Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,