At Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:07:20 +0100,
Dominique Goncalves wrote:
> Hi,
> Since the commit to src/sys/dev/ata ata-chipset.c atapi-cd.c
> atapi-cd.h by sos@ [1] I'm unable to boot from a livecd build with
> freesbie2 (with RELENG_7).
> The system is unable to find the root filesystem and asks for manual
> specification [2]
> My kernel is a GENERIC plus GEOM_LABEL and GEOM_UZIP, a kernel build
> before the commit works as expected.
> Could someone take a look at this error ?
> Thanks,
> Regards.
> [1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/c...er/083327.html

I'm not a FreeSBIE user, but a similar problem is occured in
7.0-BETA2 with an ATAPI CD-ROM drive. 6.3-BETA1 and 7.0-BETA1
can use the CD-ROM drive, but 7.0-BETA2 is not.

> [2] http://djdomics.free.fr/FreeBSD/freesbie2/mountroot.png

Would you try to boot FreeSBIE (on QEMU) with verbose logging?
Then if your CDROM (acd0) says "acd0: Medium: CD-ROM unknown",
try a patch attached below:

Note that the patch is not a correct fix but just workaround.
Watanabe Kazuhiro (CQG00620@nifty.ne.jp)