Julian Elischer wrote:

> if you want that done by default someway then let's hear
> what you'd like to do..

Basically there are a lot of places where the information about kernel
threads is now hidden when before it wss in plain sight. I don't think
this serves any purpose; you might argue it is "tidier" to collapse
large numbers of kernel threads into generic containers with obscure
names like "intr"[*], but this is at the expense of conveying up front
the useful information from the individual threads.

I'm basically requesting that the places that display kproc names be
converted to instead default to displaying kthreads, without having to
remember to add weird new command options (i.e. invocation of POLA).

Kris
[*] why the abbreviated name? Surely we can spare an extra 5 bytes