On Nov 11, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Andre Oppermann wrote:

> Gregory Wright wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Andre Oppermann wrote:
>>>

>> Hi Andre,
>> I also took a look at the bge (4) driver in 7.0-BETA2. As far as
>> I can tell,
>> it does not support TSO (there is no ioctl supporting TSO enable/
>> disable
>> as there is for the em(4) driver).

>> Might the chip --- a BCM5704_B0 --- not be completely
>> initialized? This
>> might explain why the machine with the BCM5714_B3 chips works, while
>> the other machine shows the duplicate ACK bug.

> Perhaps. Do you see the duplicate ACKs in a tcpdump on both the
> sender
> and the receiver? If you see it on the sender too, then it must be a
> bug in our network stack or the driver (by requeuing the same packet
> over and over again).
>
> --
> Andre

The logs show that the duplicate ACKs are generated only by the
receiver. I suspect a bug in the driver, perhaps the ACK packet
is not being removed from the TX buffer ring. Examining the transmitted
packets should be enough to rule out a network stack problem. Is
there any debugging infrastructure I can use or do I just have to
hack in on my own?

Greg