> I don't really like the fact that it has to be turned on manually. Is it
> possible to make this automatic based on BIOS Id or something like this?
>
> -Maxim

(Thread summary because of text removal - "On some systems, namely MacBooks
we need to disallow the legacy USB circuit to generate an SMI# because this
can cause several problems, namely: incorrect CPU frequency detection and
failure to start the APs." - taken from patch explaination).

This sounds like a great compiler option / C code definition. It can be
compiled into kernel and left as the default if you need it. It should
not go into GENERIC.

--Mark Tinguely.