> From: Chuck Swiger
> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:27:12 -0800
> On Nov 7, 2007, at 11:18 AM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > After an update of my laptop to 7-BETA2 on Nov. 4, I can no longer run
> > on battery. If I boot on battery, everything is normal until devd is
> > started. It immediately fires off /etc/rc.d/power_profile which
> > sets my system to C4.

> Can you adjust hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest to something like C2 instead of C4?

Yes, but it used to work fine at C4 and it saves a lot more power than
C2. In fact, C2 saves very little power. C3 has the same effect as
C4...useless system.
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: oberman@es.net Phone: +1 510 486-8634
Key fingerprint:059B 2DDF 031C 9BA3 14A4 EADA 927D EBB3 987B 3751

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (FreeBSD)
Comment: Exmh version 2.5 06/03/2002