On Nov 7, 2007 5:34 PM, Scott Long wrote:
> We can probably do a hack early on to see the PCI ID of the chipset.
> If that's possible, then it can be turned on by default for that case.
> The problem with tunbles like this is that they are inherently obscure,
> especially for new users that are most likely to need them.

Hmm. Well, I don't know about other systems requiring this fix. So,
for something more simple I could check the smbios.system.product
environment variable and turn the bit off on the MacBooks. I don't
feel like this problem is specific to the ICH7 chipset. It seems more
like a problem only specific to the MacBooks.

What do you think?
--
Rui Paulo