On 2007-11-06 22:01, "Aryeh M. Friedman" wrote:
> Configuring a machine properly to do this most effectivally I guess is
> the next step. I only have one machine (I have some modest but
> non-critical production stuff that needs to continue working). Some
> options I have come up with:
>
> 1. Just hack my current sources and keep diffs (some automated way would
> be nice of edit-->make diff)
>
> 2. Use QEMU to create a development machine
>
> 3. Someone said something about unionfs and/or using a cvs mirror but I
> missed that completely missed that

Start with "man -k develop"

It is a manpage written a long time ago, by Matt Dillon, which may be
useful for what you are trying to do.

It would be nice if you could set up network-booting in a second system,
though. This way, all your file systems can be on the BOOTP/DHCP/NFS
server, so crashing the kernel doesn't risk as severe data-loss.