> If anyone is interested in and/or knowledgeable about NIS and would
> like to weigh in on the following PR, please feel free. I plan to
> commit this change to HEAD sometime next week if there is no
> objection.

To my mind, the proper solution is to move the /etc/rc.d/ypset
functionality into /etc/rc.d/ypbind, and eliminate /etc/rc.d/ypset
altogether. ypset(8) is only ever consumed by ypbind(8), so
splitting them apart like this just adds needless complexity.

I would eliminate the nis_ypset_enable rc.conf variable, and have /
etc/rc.d/ypbind invoke ypset(8) directly if nis_ypset_flags is not
empty.

--lyndon