syle ishere <> wrote:
> I have a coloed box, OS on their now is ancient redhat 9.0, was thinking
> about new SMP support and mysql speed advancements in 7.0. I'd just hate to
> install 6.2 on it right now and thats way it stays for next 2-3 years if 7.0
> is stable enough to use right now.

FWIW, I updated a coloed box from 6-stable to 7-stable last
week (remotely with the usual buildworld dance). No problems
so far. More of such machines will follow.

Best regards
Oliver

Handelsregister: Registergericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:
chen, HRB 125758, Geschäftsführer: Maik Bachmann, Olaf Erb, Ralf Gebhart

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen, -Produkte und mehr: http://www.secnetix.de/bsd

"The most important decision in [programming] language design
concerns what is to be left out." -- Niklaus Wirth