Kostik Belousov wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 12:20:59PM +0200, Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:

>>> it.

>>> I think the problem is that blocks are being put in the worklist twice,
>>> but I'm not certain why yet. The patch reduces the chance of this
>>> happening by more often removing the block from the worklist instead of
>>> leaving it on. I think actually the patch is hiding the real issue more
>>> than anything, which is why I said it isn't fixing the problem, but
>>> because of the reports I've seen, I think we're sniffing in the right
>>> area. I'll be looking more into this soon, when I get another few
>>> minutes of free time and my debugger..

>> I actually seem to be getting the panic more often with the patch (i.e.
>> twice in just 30 minutes with the patch, about twice per day without the
>> patch), while doing the same things as usual. The panic usually happens when
>> I'm compiling or linking. Is that strange?

> Patch is wrong. Actually, it does put the dirrem to the proccessing twice
> when xp != NULL.

Yes, exactly why I said 'it doesn't fix the problem'. In fact, I
actually did not post it to the list, and didn't intend for it to be
posted. I was hoping for feedback for further examination.

Kostik - do you have any ideas on what is going on here? Did you see
the message in another thread that looked similar (it was regarding
gjournal)?

Eric