--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

On, Sat Nov 24, 2007, Roman Divacky wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 10:13:32AM +0100, Marcus von Appen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > today someone reported a breakage in the linux emulation (see PR
> > ports/118213). As games//HeroesOfMightAndMagic worked fine on RELENG_6,
> > some change between RELENG_6 and RELENG_7 must have caused a bug with
> > such programs.
> >=20
> > games/HeroesOfMightAndMagic starts as supposed and goes into a wait
> > state including a zombie process.
> > In contrast to other reported issues, this does not seem to be related
> > to the sound directly (although it might be caused by it) as the process
> > hangs no matter if sound is enabled or disabled.
> >=20
> > games/rt2-demo suffers from the same issue, although it can be started
> > without issues if you disable the sound with the -s parameter.=20

>=20
> please try to bisect code changes to identify the exact change that broke=

it.
> I'll investigate that from that point further..
>=20

At least I could track the issue down the RELENG_6 as well. It happens
on the most recent RELENG_6 as well as on the 200710 snapshot from the
servers. Unfortunately I had no chance to track it down on RELENG_7 so
far - getting back in time turned out to be a real pity and installing a
clean system for every dated cvs snapshot is more than a pain.

I'll try to step forward from RELENG_6_2 within the next weeks but
that'll take a lot of time, so it'd be quite helpful, if you can isolate
the possibly affecting changes between RELENG_6_2 and RELENG_6 as well.

Regards
Marcus

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN--