Anatoly Tyukanov wrote:

> hey
>
> I have qemu-0.6.2s.20050305 running on 5.3-RELEASE-p5 but when im
> trying to install XP SP2 it hangs while it was copying necessary files
> for setup. Next attempt was XP SP1. It was installed sucessfully but
> after M$ XP logo it reboot somehow.
> I saw warnings on qemu homepage but I suppose someone could run XP on it?

I haven't tried XP Pro yet. I am avoiding it, because I dislike their
"activation feature". I have several legal copies of XP Pro, but I
always have to call Microsoft for permission to install them - which I
*hate* doing! I'm trying to get Windows 2000 Pro running, if at all
possible. Win 2000 is also faster than XP under emulation (it's simpler
I guess).

thx