On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Dan Nelson wrote:

> In the last episode (Jun 06), Jake Scott said:
>> I'm trying to get the Linux version of Veritas NetBackup 5.0
>> working on FreeBSD. It mainly works, but after performing one
>> backup, then fails to perform any others.

> Why not just use the native FreeBSD NetBackup client?

He's trying to run the master server and likely also the media server
on FreeBSD, not just the client. He could (and should) run the native
FreeBSD client even though he would be running the servers under Linux
emulation on the same machine. I'd be interested in knowing how this
turns out, as I'm currently running the master and media servers under
Windows 2000 to back up various Windows and FreeBSD servers.

--
Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
FreeBSD: The fastest, most open, and most stable OS on the planet

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?