I was developig a name and major/minor device number converting mechanism for linux applications to use on a linux.ko module , as if the application itself run on a linux.

They can use just a linux style device name and major/minor number , through my modified linux_file.c to retrieve the correct name and number on FreeBSD(by a build-in-kernel table).But that need the two devices to have exactly the same behavior in their own operating system.

While there will be no extra devices in the /dev directory, all the linux style devices are virtual and available to linux applications.

Is this helpful to linux emulator ?