Robert Swindells writes:

> Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> >Alas, its not that simple. mmap() is simply failing. Nothing is
> >printed to console.

> Is it trying to mmap() to an address that is already used by malloc
> or shared libraries ?

According to the debugging output I enabled, its doing:
mmap: 0, 1785856, 3, 0x00000001, 3, 0

I think this corresponds to:
mmap(NULL, 1785856, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED, 3, 0)

Ie, mapping an address of 0 shared should get you back whatever the
system feels like giving you. In fact, I've written a toy test
program to duplicate the system calls involved with this file, and I
can't seem to make a toy linux binary fail..

Thats what makes me think I'm missing something earlier on in the
trace.

Drew