On Friday 16 November 2007 01:55:06 pm Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Trying to boot PC-BSD 1.4.1 and I get:
>=20
> CD Loader 1.2
> Building the boot loader arguments
> Looking up /BOOT/LOADER... Found
> Read error: 0x10
> Could not find Primary Volume Descriptor

=46rom Ralf Brown's interrupt list error codes for disk I/O:

10h uncorrectable CRC or ECC error on read

The part about the primary volume descriptor is a bug in cdboot where the
read error message doesn't have a trailing \0, so it writes out both errors
on a read error. I'll fix that part, but your BIOS is claiming it got a
CRC error while trying to read /boot/loader in off the CD. If you mount
the CD under a running system can you read all of /boot/loader ok? (Maybe
compare md5 with a known good copy of /boot/loader.)

=2D-=20
John Baldwin