On Fri, 6 May 2005, Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:

> It is very important to get things right from the start. Look at
> the NetBSD Project and their new logo for instance. The public
> expressed great discontent about it, but only after the logo had
> sunken deep into the cycles of production and the mentalities
> of its contributors.

As someone behind the scenes, I want to point out that we had many private
comments sent to us about how they liked the new NetBSD logo.

And most people don't take the time to publicly comment when they like
something. I wonder if there is any research that shows that public
complaints are heard more often even though privately the complaints are
less (in comparison). (Sort of like the skewed polls in the USA
presidential elections.)

Jeremy C. Reed

open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/