Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Andreas Klemm writes:
> > q: What makes cups so special that one should try it out ?
> > What can it do better than apsfilter which IMHO isn't as bloated
> > as cups and has better features...

> apsfilter is in my experience a lot more difficult and confusing to
> configure, and I don't think I ever figured out how to do things like
> switch duplex on / off etc. CUPS has a web-based configuration
> interface which is very simple to use.

It's also pretty cool that you configure the printers on their various
systems and every other system running cups picks them up automatically.
I discovered this after I had configured cups on my print system and then
installed it on my laptop. All I had to do was a portinstall and start
the daemon and it just worked. I _like_ that.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting http://www.gpsclock.com/