On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 11:45:16PM -0500, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> Alex de Kruijff said on Nov 23, 2003 at 04:37:59:
> > Now also because of political reason. Everyone needs to be integraded
> > (fit in) in to the population. This not only means you have to learn
> > Dutch. It also means you have to take part in local activities, like
> > celibrating 'Sinterklaas', which is the holy person for the sailors.
> > This includes standing in a harbor when he arives on a boat from Spain
> > early novemeber, when its freezing and poring down on you.

> I doubt they can force you to take part, but I'm sure Americans would
> find it quite amusing, Sinterklaas is quite similar (in role and in
> costume) to Santa Claus if I remember right.

The Santa Claus idea is based up on Sinterklaas. Everything is a bit
different but sill similair.

> > The smoke-room chat is going to be banned by potitics starting 2004.

> I presume you mean the smoke will be banned, not the room or the chat,
> and by health regulations not by politics. It's about time.

Yes the room isn't banned just smoking in it. The idea is that everybody
has a right to a heathy envermoent. Since the politic system determen
what the laws are, the poilicians have decided this.

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use:
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/index.php?dir=docs/FreeBSD/