On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:40:01AM -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
> Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> >Bill Moran writes:

> >>Are you serious? That doesn't sound possible [...] I would
> >>think there is a certain amount of self-preservation that prevents
> >>cyclists from colliding with pedestrians.

> >That doesn't mean they *respect* pedestrians. They generally treat
> >pedestrians like vermin invading their right-of-way (at least that's
> >what it felt like in Delft, though Amsterdam - or the parts of
> >Amsterdam I've been in - isn't nearly as bad)

Most of the time thing aren't so bad.

> Well, that I can understand. It follow what I said about many cyclists
> not obeying the rules of the road. Professional cyclists

Whats a professional cyclist? Here every one has at least one bike.
Children as young as 6 ride then. And by the time there 12 there riding
one there own to a school in a neerby city.

> I guess the general rule might be that the fast generally disrespect
> the slower.

The same is true for heavy vs ligth. In the Netherlands it now a rule
that when a car comes in to a collision with a biker, the driver of the
car is wrong unleass there is proof otherwise. The number of collision
has gone drasticaly down since then.

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use: