On Wednesday 13 August 2003 01:16 pm, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> However, WEP and IPSec are not quite as interchangeable as David
> Kelly makes them sound. Even without access to the outside world,
> intruders could make themselves a nuisance.

A DOS nuisance, yes. Without IPSec they can occupy the same frequency
but they will not talk to any hosts or over any wires I have control
over.

IPSec should be built into wireless access points if the manufacturers
of wireless equipment actually cared about security. Lacking that, I'll
have to make my own access points out of FreeBSD systems.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net