On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Robert Watson wrote:
>
> > pretty secure. I was thinking about writing one while driving to work
> > today; I may get around to it this evening sometime, unless someone else

> Your driving habits are dangerous, Robert. Please stop programming
> while driving, you're going to get someone killed.

Hey, if you want unusual computing activities from cars, try this one on.
While driving home from the Shenandoah Valley this weekend, we ran into
car problems. While waiting for roadside service, I pulled out my
notebook, found two access points, and submitted changes on our
integration of MAC support into IPsec in Perforce. I ran into about 60
wireless devices on the drive back, of which 35 were APs. 60% of these
didn't use WEP. Unfortunately, at 65+ miles an hour, you don't get a
whole lot of time to talk to each AP to see if you can get a lease, etc.

Robert N M Watson FreeBSD Core Team, TrustedBSD Projects
robert@fledge.watson.org Network Associates Laboratories