[Do NOT cross-post. Post to 1 mailing list at a time.]

Supote Leelasupphakorn wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I'm now interested in BSD's history and have read
> some of article from INTERNET. But because English
> isn't my mother language so I havn't cleared
> in the point of
>
> 1. What is the result of lawsuit between BSDi (maybe
> include UC Berkeley) and USL in the early of 1970s ?

That the BSDs can continue to do what they do and AT&T
has no legal claim to their code. And this occurred in
the early 1990s.

> 2. The article I've read talk about six files.
> What's
> the matter ?

Six files were determined to be proprietary. As part of
the agreement, those six files were removed from the source
and rewritten from scratch. Thus there is no longer any
code in the codebase that is in danger of a lawsuit.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies