--9/GiYV45wF7IL3Iq

Quoting broken.

On Saturday, 5 July 2003 at 5:45:56 +0200, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> --- Greg 'groggy' Lehey ha scritto:=20

>>> Just remember that this code was supposed to be destroyed after
>>> the USL lawsuit, so I wouldn't use it for anything you care about.

>> Since the release of "Ancient UNIX" under the BSD license, there's
>> nothing to worry about.

> No need to ask a lawyer or anything?

Not if you believe Caldera's release last year. See
http://www.lemis.com/grog/UNIX/ for details. Unfortunately, they
didn't give us a hardcopy of the release, but so far nobody believes
it to be a fake.

> Wouldn't the fact that those files exist mean that someone was
> breaking the law at a certain moment??

Well, it's not a law. It was a civil action. But any such moment is
now long gone.

> Since I knew FreeBSD only when 2.0.5 Release was made, I have no
> idea about the details.. did freeBSD developers use something like
> CVS, perhaps SCCS ? It would be nice to have this old history
> available.. for hobbyist value.

I'm pretty sure it was CVS in those days. I have sources, but no CVS
tree. Does anybody else?

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text. =20

--9/GiYV45wF7IL3Iq

--9/GiYV45wF7IL3Iq--