In message <20071202.085545.177225588.imp@bsdimp.com>, "M. Warner Losh" writes:

>There are a number of places in the tree that use a parameter of '1'
>today to mean "next time that's convenient." Some of these places are
>clever and know that HZ is never < 100 or > 1000 (or so they think),
>while others are just sloppy code.

Yes, but those can hardly be called "concrete" in terms of wanting
to know what they mean, can they ? :-)

The only way I can see we can deal with them in the short term,
is to ask for timeouts of "1000000 / hz, TIMEOUT_USEC"

phk@FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe