On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Andre Oppermann wrote:

> o TCP's data structure is exported to userspace and contains the
> timeout data structures. This complicates timeout handling as
> the data structure is not known to userland and we have to do
> some hacks to prevent exposure.
>
> -> The timer facility should provide an opaque userland compat
> header definition.

I think it is important to do this, but I have some hopes that in 8 we'll have
fixed up the muddle involving exported data structures. Obviously, that
hasn't happened yet, and I had hoped to do it for 7... Perhaps this time one
of us will succeed :-).

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge