--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 06:43:19PM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> And please remember: This entire thing only comes up because
> Pawel doesn't want to solve the problem correctly for g_label,
> this is the fall-back "quick&dirty" solution.

If you are talking about restricting labels names here, I had the code,
but it was backed out. Please see the archives. I still doesn't like it.

> The correct solution is to give the users a reliable tool for
> stealing the necessary labelsector from the end of a filesystem.

I wrote this twice already in this thread, but let me write it again.
File systems are not the whole world. For example. I've a disk ad0.
I configured gbde(4) on top of it. I create file system on top of
ad0.bde. Now, let's assume I implemented shrinkfs(8) as you suggested,
how can I shrink gbde(4) provider?

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek http://www.wheel.pl
pjd@FreeBSD.org http://www.FreeBSD.org