--gdTfX7fkYsEEjebm

On Tue, 2006-Jun-27 09:58:45 +1000, Andrew Reilly wrote:
>I don't know if anyone's interested, but I started to have a
>look at Minix-3 the other day. ...
> You open /dev/tcp, do ioctl's to make a connection
>and then read()/write() to send and receive data.

That sounds similar to the SysV approach - you open a device
and push a collection of streams modules.

I'm not sure that ioctl() is any better than bind/connect etc -
a process still needs special code if it's to be network-aware.
IMHO, the portal filesystem provides a far more interesting
approach.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--gdTfX7fkYsEEjebm