On Saturday 12 March 2005 01:08 pm, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> My plan with bsdtar has been to have both bsdtar and
> gtar in 5.x, bsdtar only in 6.x.
>
> I'd like to remove gtar from -CURRENT as the next
> step in that transition.
>
> Proposed timeline:
> * 1 week from today (March 19): Disable WITH_GTAR in -CURRENT.
> * End of March: Disconnect gtar from build in -CURRENT.
> * End of May: Remove gtar from -CURRENT.
>
> Note:
> * gtar will remain in 5.x tree indefinitely.
> * WITH_GTAR will continue to be supported in 5.x.
> * gtar will continue to be available in ports indefinitely.
>
> If there are no objections, I'll start this
> process 1 week from today.

By the way, I keep finding myself suprised that I don't notice that I'm
using bsdtar instead of gtar. It works so well as a transparent
replacement for gtar (that my fingers know the args/switches/etc) that
I keep forgetting that I'm using it. I only notice when I read a help
message or the man page.

Great job!