configuring IP range for zones - Firewalls

This is a discussion on configuring IP range for zones - Firewalls ; Hello, We have just purchased a SSG-5 firewall and I am configuring it for our network. Network has LAN and DMZ. We are given 8 IP addresses by our ISP (5 usable). Something like this: xxx.yyy.zzz.192 Network xxx.yyy.zzz.193 xxx.yyy.zzz.194 xxx.yyy.zzz.195 ...

  1. configuring IP range for zones

    Hello,

    We have just purchased a SSG-5 firewall and I am configuring it for our
    network. Network has LAN and DMZ.

    We are given 8 IP addresses by our ISP (5 usable). Something like this:

    xxx.yyy.zzz.192 Network
    xxx.yyy.zzz.193
    xxx.yyy.zzz.194
    xxx.yyy.zzz.195
    xxx.yyy.zzz.196
    xxx.yyy.zzz.197
    xxx.yyy.zzz.198 GW
    xxx.yyy.zzz.199 Broadcast

    Exchange server will be in the LAN and will have a private IP, smart host
    will be i n the DMZ and will have public IPs. How would I configure the
    firewall to use the public IPs? IP with the last octate of 198 is the
    router's IP which is owned by T1 provider.

    Thanks you,
    John

  2. Re: configuring IP range for zones

    Hello John,

    John Smith wrote:
    [...]
    > How would I configure the
    > firewall to use the public IPs? IP with the last octate of 198 is the
    > router's IP which is owned by T1 provider.

    [...]

    just look for a MIP or DIP configuration. For ScreenOS 5.4 just use this
    link:

    http://kb.juniper.net/ui.jsp?ui_mode...ithin_doc_page

    Regards,

    Carsten