blocking tcp port 1050 in sweex modem - Firewalls

This is a discussion on blocking tcp port 1050 in sweex modem - Firewalls ; this port is open according to shieldsup,how can i block this is in my sweex mo250 modem/router? blocking this in my paspersky internet security prog does not work. tried to dig through the manual but have no idea how to ...

  1. blocking tcp port 1050 in sweex modem

    this port is open according to shieldsup,how can i block this is in my
    sweex mo250 modem/router?
    blocking this in my paspersky internet security prog does not work.
    tried to dig through the manual but have no idea how to do this..

  2. Re: blocking tcp port 1050 in sweex modem

    "peter" wrote in message
    > this port is open according to shieldsup,how can i block this is in my
    > sweex mo250 modem/router?
    > blocking this in my paspersky internet security prog does not work.
    > tried to dig through the manual but have no idea how to do this..

    Why go to one site? There are other sites, and they do return different
    results. I don't know I could rely on just one site telling me anything.

  3. Re: blocking tcp port 1050 in sweex modem

    Mr. Arnold schreef:

    > "peter" wrote in message
    >> this port is open according to shieldsup,how can i block this is in my
    >> sweex mo250 modem/router?
    >> blocking this in my paspersky internet security prog does not work.
    >> tried to dig through the manual but have no idea how to do this..

    > Why go to one site? There are other sites, and they do return different
    > results. I don't know I could rely on just one site telling me anything.

    auditmypc gave the same result.

  4. Re: blocking tcp port 1050 in sweex modem

    "peter" wrote in message
    > Mr. Arnold schreef:
    >>
    >> "peter" wrote in message
    >>> this port is open according to shieldsup,how can i block this is in my
    >>> sweex mo250 modem/router?
    >>> blocking this in my paspersky internet security prog does not work.
    >>> tried to dig through the manual but have no idea how to do this..

    >> Why go to one site? There are other sites, and they do return different
    >> results. I don't know I could rely on just one site telling me anything.
    >>

    > auditmypc gave the same result.

    If the router has a so called DMZ, then port forward the port to a dummy IP
    in the DMZ so that you can pass the test. If it doesn't have a DMZ, then use
    a PFW to just block the unsolicited packets that may come to the port on the
    router and to the port on the pc.

    However, if nothing is listening on the port, like a program which most
    likely nothing is using that port, then it's kind worthless that you even do
    anything about it.

  5. Re: blocking tcp port 1050 in sweex modem

    peter wrote:

    > this port is open according to shieldsup,

    OK, that's your first problem: This result is totally unreliable. Get a
    serious online port scan like

    > how can i block this is in my sweex mo250 modem/router?

    RTFM and configure it accordingly

    > blocking this in my paspersky internet security prog does not work.

    For obvious reasons. But one should wonder why you're playing with baby toys..

    > tried to dig through the manual but have no idea how to do this..

    Firmware update? Return for a found? Letting someone else RTFM as well.

+ Reply to Thread