Zonealarm starts blocking download of attachments, youtube, etc. - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Zonealarm starts blocking download of attachments, youtube, etc. - Firewalls ; Hello All: Zonealarm 7.0 started blocking the download of pdf's, pps's, mp3's from yahoomail and gmail. It won't let me watch YouTube videos, either. I played around with the settings under "Program Comtrl/Main", relaxed the firewall settings. Nothing changes. I ...

  1. Zonealarm starts blocking download of attachments, youtube, etc.

    Hello All:

    Zonealarm 7.0 started blocking the download of pdf's, pps's, mp3's
    from yahoomail and gmail.

    It won't let me watch YouTube videos, either.

    I played around with the settings under "Program Comtrl/Main",
    relaxed the firewall settings. Nothing changes.

    I have to shut the Zonealarm completely to be able to download, etc.

    Any ideas as to what else to tweak?

    Deguza

  2. Re: Zonealarm starts blocking download of attachments, youtube, etc.

    "Kompu Kid" wrote in message
    news:1184394801.701175.205020@i13g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello All:
    >
    > Zonealarm 7.0 started blocking the download of pdf's, pps's, mp3's
    > from yahoomail and gmail.
    >
    > It won't let me watch YouTube videos, either.
    >
    > I played around with the settings under "Program Comtrl/Main",
    > relaxed the firewall settings. Nothing changes.
    >
    > I have to shut the Zonealarm completely to be able to download, etc.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what else to tweak?

    You could opt for uninstalling this Phoney-Baloney ware
    http://www.samspade.org/d/firewalls.html
    and consider 'hardening' your OS
    http://www.5starsupport.com/tutorial...ng-windows.htm.
    http://labmice.techtarget.com/articl...ychecklist.htm

  3. Re: Zonealarm starts blocking download of attachments, youtube, etc.

    On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:33:21 -0000, Kompu Kid
    wrote:

    >Hello All:
    >
    >Zonealarm 7.0 started blocking the download of pdf's, pps's, mp3's
    >from yahoomail and gmail.
    >
    >It won't let me watch YouTube videos, either.
    >
    >I played around with the settings under "Program Comtrl/Main",
    >relaxed the firewall settings. Nothing changes.

    Firewall settings aren't meant to be "played around with".

    >I have to shut the Zonealarm completely to be able to download, etc.

    That should give you a hint.

    >Any ideas as to what else to tweak?

    Uninstall and replace ZA with a security concept.

    If you prefer to continue playing around, go ask in a ZA forum.

  4. Re: Zonealarm starts blocking download of attachments, youtube, etc.

    Kompu Kid wrote:
    > Hello All:
    >
    > Zonealarm 7.0 started blocking the download of pdf's, pps's, mp3's
    > from yahoomail and gmail.
    >
    > It won't let me watch YouTube videos, either.
    >
    > I played around with the settings under "Program Comtrl/Main",
    > relaxed the firewall settings. Nothing changes.
    >
    > I have to shut the Zonealarm completely to be able to download, etc.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what else to tweak?
    >
    > Deguza

    Dump ZA. Lest you continue to be called Kompu Kid for more years.

    haha

+ Reply to Thread