NetASQ Auth Cookies not found - Firewalls

This is a discussion on NetASQ Auth Cookies not found - Firewalls ; Dear all, we are using a NetASQ appiance as firewall in our company. We have configured the firewall to authenticate the users before surf on the Internet and gain priviledges to access any other services (AOL, FTP,...). Even if on ...

  1. NetASQ Auth Cookies not found

    Dear all,
    we are using a NetASQ appiance as firewall in our company. We have
    configured the firewall to authenticate the users before surf on the
    Internet and gain priviledges to access any other services (AOL,
    FTP,...).

    Even if on the guide is described that a cookie is written on the
    client browser and checked every time the browser starts (cookie,
    session mode), I can't see any cookie in the browser, after the
    authentication.

    Same problem somewhere? Is there any misconfiguration, or only some
    browsers are compatible with this mechanism ?

    Thanks,
    Emilio

  2. Re: NetASQ Auth Cookies not found

    On 3 juil, 15:54, e.tone...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Dear all,
    > we are using aNetASQappiance as firewall in our company. We have
    > configured the firewall to authenticate the users before surf on the
    > Internet and gain priviledges to access any other services (AOL,
    > FTP,...).
    >
    > Even if on the guide is described that a cookie is written on the
    > client browser and checked every time the browser starts (cookie,
    > session mode), I can't see any cookie in the browser, after the
    > authentication.
    >
    > Same problem somewhere? Is there any misconfiguration, or only some
    > browsers are compatible with this mechanism ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Emilio

    Hello Emilio,

    NetASQ authentication is based on IP address, so, if your users
    authenticate on the Firewall with an address like 192.168.1.20, this
    address will be authenticate for 1, 2 or 4 hours for example.

    I don't think that NetASQ firewall authenticate with a cookie,
    but...Maybe i'm not up 2 date on this technology.

    Regards,

    Julien

  3. Re: NetASQ Auth Cookies not found

    On Jul 4, 6:49 pm, Julien Billochon wrote:
    > On 3 juil, 15:54, e.tone...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Dear all,
    > > we are using aNetASQappiance as firewall in our company. We have
    > > configured the firewall to authenticate the users before surf on the
    > > Internet and gain priviledges to access any other services (AOL,
    > > FTP,...).

    > > Even if on the guide is described that a cookie is written on the
    > > client browser and checked every time the browser starts (cookie,
    > > session mode), I can't see any cookie in the browser, after the
    > > authentication.

    > > Same problem somewhere? Is there any misconfiguration, or only some
    > > browsers are compatible with this mechanism ?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Emilio

    > Hello Emilio,
    >
    > NetASQauthentication is based on IP address, so, if your users
    > authenticate on the Firewall with an address like 192.168.1.20, this
    > address will be authenticate for 1, 2 or 4 hours for example.
    >
    > I don't think thatNetASQfirewall authenticate with a cookie,
    > but...Maybe i'm not up 2 date on this technology.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Julien

    The IP-based authentication and authorization system is as you
    described, but is not enought. So NetASQ has introduced the cookie
    mechanism to prevent "authentication theft" between users.
    I'm waiting for a tech contact conference with NetASQ Expert at the
    moment.

+ Reply to Thread