BACKTALK
ONLINE

THE ONLINE MAGAZINE OF THE BACKTALK ONLINE
TALK SHOW

ANNOYING THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT SINCE 1995
AND PROUD OF IT

SPECIAL REPORT FROM HAVANA, CUBA

15th MAY 2007

A compendium of recent articles on our Web site

Published from Wmobye, Queensland, Australia

*-Michael Moore under investigation for Cuba trip
*-U.S. brands still available in Cuba despite embargo
*-Right-wing nutjobs in military ban Live 365, other broadcasting
sites

MICHAEL MOORE UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR CUBA TRIP

HAVANA, Cuba - (ACRN) - The criminal embargo upon Cuba rolls on, as
the United States government is investigating Michael Moore for
possible illegal travel to Cuba, during his March trip to the island,
to make his latest documentary movie.
Moore travelled here in March to film a segment of his documentary
titled "Sicko", about affects on dust, and other toxins on a number of
rescuer workers at ground zero following the attacks. And it appears
that the fascists of the Bush Administration are not too pleased with
that.
Those that read this E-zine on a regular basis know that those that
live in the United States are forbidden from travelling to Cuba. The
embargo on Cuba prohibits anyone living in the United States as a
citizen or permanent resident from travelling to Cuba. This
restriction does NOT, however, apply to U.S. citizens not currently
LIVING in the United States.
As this E-zine has been saying for the past 12 years, ever since we
first came on the scene in June of 1995, the Religious Right, and
their embargo on Cuba has GOT TO GO. The Religious Right would love
nothing more than to establish a fascistic fundamentalist Christian
homeland on the island, and it has been. The Religious Right is WRONG
for America and WRONG for the world. And the American people are
waking up to that, in the way they voted the Religious Right and their
cronies in the Republican Party OUT of both houses of Congress.
The embargo on Cuba must be ended. It is just plain wrong, just as
the Religious Right, and their agenda is WRONG for America and WRONG
for the world.

U.S. BRANDS STILL AVIALABLE IN CUBA DESPITE EMBARGO

HAVANA, Cuba - (ACRN) - One thing coming out now is that many
American brands are available in Cuba, despite the embargo. And this
very correct, many American brands are available on the Island.
One of the reasons that newspapers will not tell you is that there is
one slick way around any embargo, which was first used in the 1940s.
Prior to WWII, when the United States embargoed oil to Germany and
Japan, third-parties in foreign countries would buy the oil and re-
sell it to the two countries.
It is almost a certainty that the same thing is happening here. Once
someone in Spain, Mexico, or wherever, purchases an American product,
the use and/or any resale of the product becomes subject to THAT
country's laws. So, American law no longer applies when a reseller in
Mexico purchases, say, Nike shoes and resells them to Cuban stores.

RIGHT-WING NUTJOBS IN MILITARY BAN LIVE 365. OTHER BROADCASTING SITES

WASHINGTON, DC (ACRN) - If you are on reading this E-zine on our site
from a military base, and wondering why you cannot get our online
radio station, there is a good reason. The military has blocked Live
365, along with many other broadcasting services.
We think it could be some of the commentary that opposes the agenda
of the Religious Right broadcast from here on the Backtalk talk show.
We have been very vocal at times in our opposition to the takeover of
America by the Religious Right, back in 1995.
If you are reading this on a military base, and still want to listen,
you can circumvent the filters in a way that will not be detected. You
can use of the many subscription proxy servers coming on line now.
These are a much more reliable alternative to using someone's
misconfigured proxy server. For those of you reading this in the
newsgroups, that is how this E-zine is posted to Usenet. I just sign
on to the service, and then let it find me a reliable working node, on
their private network. Just purchase the software, purchase a
subscription plan, install the software on your computer, login with
the credentials sent to you, and you are good to go.
Best of all, many of the services, like I am using to post this to
Usenet use strong encryption, meaning that if your network admin uses
sniffing programs, such as Snort, they will not be able to analyse
your traffic because of the heavy proprietary encryption. The software
encrypts your traffic before sending it to the proxy, making it
impossible to crack, analyse, monitor, or sniff your traffic. So those
in the military wanting to listen our broadcasts can use one of these
sophisticated subscription encrypted proxy services, and your superior
officers will NEVER KNOW what you are up to, because all the logs will
show is encrypted traffic to a strange address and port. And various
nodes come and go, the addresses and ports change, so your superior
officers will be playing "whack a mole", if you start using these
encrypted subscription proxying services. If soldiers start using
these encrypted proxy services, it will be the WORST NIGHTMARE of
their superior officers and their network admins, as they play "whack
a mole" trying to stop people from doing this.