help with home firewall appliance - Firewalls

This is a discussion on help with home firewall appliance - Firewalls ; Hello I need a little advice. I want to implement a firewall appliance at my home that will limit internet access to certain pcs on the network to specific time segments. I know that there are software solutions, but I ...

  1. help with home firewall appliance

    Hello

    I need a little advice. I want to implement a firewall appliance at
    my home that will limit internet access to certain pcs on the network
    to specific time segments. I know that there are software solutions,
    but I would like the control at a hardware level.
    Is there a good solution at a price reasonable for home use?
    Suggestions???
    Thanks

  2. Re: help with home firewall appliance

    jawdoc wrote in news:1179104311.814946.269690
    @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

    > I need a little advice. I want to implement a firewall appliance at
    > my home that will limit internet access to certain pcs on the network
    > to specific time segments. I know that there are software solutions,
    > but I would like the control at a hardware level.
    > Is there a good solution at a price reasonable for home use?

    http://www.worldofstock.com/closeups/DEC1399.php

  3. Re: help with home firewall appliance

    On May 14, 12:58 pm, jawdoc wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I need a little advice. I want to implement a firewall appliance at
    > my home that will limit internet access to certain pcs on the network
    > to specific time segments. I know that there are software solutions,
    > but I would like the control at a hardware level.
    > Is there a good solution at a price reasonable for home use?
    > Suggestions???
    > Thanks

    Have a look at level1.com.au (I have this one and it can do time based
    access control) also there is a d-link one, call securespot which does
    all that kind of thing, not sure how good it is (d-link dont have the
    best reputation) but its cheap.

    Flamer.

  4. Re: help with home firewall appliance

    On May 13, 10:53 pm, JD in TX wrote:
    > jawdoc wrote in news:1179104311.814946.269690
    > @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > I need a little advice. I want to implement a firewall appliance at
    > > my home that will limit internet access to certain pcs on the network
    > > to specific time segments. I know that there are software solutions,
    > > but I would like the control at a hardware level.
    > > Is there a good solution at a price reasonable for home use?

    > http://www.worldofstock.com/closeups/DEC1399.php

    Wow... how stupendous... we have the answer, right there....

    RedForeman

  5. Re: help with home firewall appliance

    jawdoc wrote:

    > [...] I know that there are software solutions,
    > but I would like the control at a hardware level.

    If you want hardware, this is just perfect:

    http://www.knipex.de/index.php?id=78...=74%2002%20180

    > Is there a good solution at a price reasonable for home use?

    > Suggestions???

    The above mentioned product should be affordable and pretty easy to use. It
    could even be possible that you already have something similar lying around
    at home.

    Wolfgang

  6. Re: help with home firewall appliance

    On May 15, 8:40 am, Wolfgang Kueter wrote:
    > jawdoc wrote:
    > > [...] I know that there are software solutions,
    > > but I would like the control at a hardware level.

    > If you want hardware, this is just perfect:
    >
    > http://www.knipex.de/index.php?id=78...ID=15&ukat=sch...
    >
    > > Is there a good solution at a price reasonable for home use?
    > > Suggestions???

    > The above mentioned product should be affordable and pretty easy to use. It
    > could even be possible that you already have something similar lying around
    > at home.
    >
    > Wolfgang

    That surely takes care of the hardware side of things...

    ;-)

    RedForeman

+ Reply to Thread