New Firewall but "Security" says "Norton is currently running..." - Firewalls

This is a discussion on New Firewall but "Security" says "Norton is currently running..." - Firewalls ; I uninstalled Norton IS 2005 with their removal tool on the Symantec site. However, my "Windows Security Center" still says "Norton Internet Security is currenlty ON." I've deleted all the residue Symantec/Norton folders left on my drive by the removal ...

  1. New Firewall but "Security" says "Norton is currently running..."

    I uninstalled Norton IS 2005 with their removal tool on the Symantec
    site. However, my "Windows Security Center" still says "Norton
    Internet Security is currenlty ON." I've deleted all the residue
    Symantec/Norton folders left on my drive by the removal tool and have
    removed almost all of the Norton/Symantec registry items.

    Any help, please?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: New Firewall but "Security" says "Norton is currently running..."

    This is being addressed in group microsoft windowsxp help. Thanks.

    On Sat, 12 May 2007 05:06:45 GMT, newswatcher@NOSPAMinbox.com wrote:

    >I uninstalled Norton IS 2005 with their removal tool on the Symantec
    >site. However, my "Windows Security Center" still says "Norton
    >Internet Security is currenlty ON." I've deleted all the residue
    >Symantec/Norton folders left on my drive by the removal tool and have
    >removed almost all of the Norton/Symantec registry items.
    >
    >Any help, please?
    >
    >Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread