sygate.... where is it - Firewalls

This is a discussion on sygate.... where is it - Firewalls ; There was once a firewall called sygate. I believed it was purchased and dumped by CA. It was a very good firewall. Does anyone know if the folks that made it have made anything similar or is it gone forever? ...

  1. sygate.... where is it

    There was once a firewall called sygate. I believed it was purchased and
    dumped by CA. It was a very good firewall.

    Does anyone know if the folks that made it have made anything similar or
    is it gone forever?

    TIA

  2. Re: sygate.... where is it

    On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:56:15 GMT, user wrote:

    > There was once a firewall called sygate. I believed it was purchased and
    > dumped by CA. It was a very good firewall.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the folks that made it have made anything similar or
    > is it gone forever?

    Look here:
    http://www.savefile.com/projects/1045215

    --
    Det var Jagtvej 69, nu mangler vi bare Christiania.

  3. Re: sygate.... where is it

    On Thu, 10 May 2007 03:00:49 +0200, P.L. wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:56:15 GMT, user wrote:
    >
    >> There was once a firewall called sygate. I believed it was purchased and
    >> dumped by CA. It was a very good firewall.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if the folks that made it have made anything similar or
    >> is it gone forever?

    > Look here:
    > http://www.savefile.com/projects/1045215

    BTW. You still ned a legal key to use the pro version, the archives on that
    site is not pirat nor cracks.

    --
    Det var Jagtvej 69, nu mangler vi bare Christiania.

  4. Re: sygate.... where is it

    user wrote in news:P4u0i.123205$VU4.38524@bgtnsc05-
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

    > There was once a firewall called sygate. I believed it was purchased and
    > dumped by CA. It was a very good firewall.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the folks that made it have made anything similar or
    > is it gone forever?
    >
    > TIA

    I did a Google search for Sygate Personal Firewall and came up with several
    sites that offer a download. FWIW, I downloaded it from the Sygate site
    before Symantec bought it out, and downloaded it again tonight from three
    of the sites and the checksum is identical. The Sygate Personal firewall
    is free for individual use, but not the Pro version.

    The checksum below is from the one I stored on CD some time ago and am
    running now. All the others matched exactly.

    Size: 9228440 bytes
    Modified: Sunday, July 10, 2005, 2:35:23 PM
    MD5: 7C420B5BE50635F3A2F73CF8E5C490C5
    SHA1: 0736BCD08C8F9378B8CD8B907A9BD350DB991FE9
    CRC32: 45211002

    --
    John Gray

    If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.

  5. Re: sygate.... where is it

    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=sygate

    "user" wrote in message
    > There was once a firewall called sygate. I believed it was purchased and
    > dumped by CA. It was a very good firewall.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the folks that made it have made anything similar or
    > is it gone forever?
    >
    > TIA

+ Reply to Thread