DrunkenMister wrote:

> On 5/7/2007 2:07:26 PM, RedForeman wrote:
>> On May 7, 2:41 pm, "Mr. Arnold" wrote:
>>> You do the same.
>>> My only problem with UAC is that it can be turned on and off...to me,

>> that is a con.
>>

> The user can turn it off, without being an Admin??

No. But the user can turn it off without expressive harassment "DUDE, you're
about to do something very very very stupid! I'll give you 1 minute to
reconsider your choice." (greyed out button counting down from 60 until
turning into OK, plus a fat "CANCEL" button selected by default)

Until such a thing is implemented, you'll see PC World and other incompetent
idiots with big suggestions "how to turn off UAC", describing it as a
useless harassment, and the stupid lemmings will follow them. Soon it will
be (or already is?) implemented in XP-AntiSpy (renamed to Vista Antispy or
Windows Antispy) and many other pseudo helpers.