Problem with Kerio firewall - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Problem with Kerio firewall - Firewalls ; Hi, Newbie I have the firewall Kerio 4. I have 2 computers, 1 PC and 1 laptop. My laptop is link by a router. If my firewall is open I can't access the file on the other computer and also ...

  1. Problem with Kerio firewall

    Hi,

    Newbie

    I have the firewall Kerio 4.

    I have 2 computers, 1 PC and 1 laptop. My laptop is link by a router. If my
    firewall is open I can't access the file on the other computer and also the
    printer. If I close the firewalls on both computers everythig work fine. How
    can make this work ? I am a newbie in firewall and I am sorry for my
    mistakes I speak better french.

    Many thanks in advance for your help

  2. Re: Problem with Kerio firewall

    "Laura25" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Newbie
    >
    > I have the firewall Kerio 4.
    >
    > I have 2 computers, 1 PC and 1 laptop. My laptop is link by a router. If
    > my firewall is open I can't access the file on the other computer and also
    > the printer. If I close the firewalls on both computers everythig work
    > fine. How can make this work ? I am a newbie in firewall and I am sorry
    > for my mistakes I speak better french.

    You open the ports on the personal firewall to the ports being talked about
    in the link.

    http://www.petri.co.il/what's_port_4...2k_xp_2003.htm

    Some PFW(s) have an automatic setting that will open those ports. Other than
    that, you have to set firewall rules to open the ports manually on each
    machine.

    That's ports 137-139 UDP and 445 TCP (NT based only like XP) that must be
    opened on the PFW.

  3. Re: Problem with Kerio firewall

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:03:15 GMT, Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > "Laura25" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Newbie
    >>
    >> I have the firewall Kerio 4.
    >>
    >> I have 2 computers, 1 PC and 1 laptop. My laptop is link by a router. If
    >> my firewall is open I can't access the file on the other computer and also
    >> the printer. If I close the firewalls on both computers everythig work
    >> fine. How can make this work ? I am a newbie in firewall and I am sorry
    >> for my mistakes I speak better french.

    > You open the ports on the personal firewall to the ports being talked about
    > in the link.
    >
    > http://www.petri.co.il/what's_port_4...2k_xp_2003.htm
    >
    > Some PFW(s) have an automatic setting that will open those ports. Other than
    > that, you have to set firewall rules to open the ports manually on each
    > machine.
    >
    > That's ports 137-139 UDP and 445 TCP (NT based only like XP) that must be
    > opened on the PFW.

    In order to create the rules, you will have to go into Network Security >
    Applications > Packet Filter. You can then create rules on both computers
    giving them access to these ports on your local network only. Make sure of
    what you are doing, however, before you do this (by doing some research),
    as you don't want to allow NetBios universally.

  4. Re: Problem with Kerio firewall

    > In order to create the rules, you will have to go into Network Security >
    > Applications > Packet Filter. You can then create rules on both computers
    > giving them access to these ports on your local network only. Make sure of
    > what you are doing, however, before you do this (by doing some research),
    > as you don't want to allow NetBios universally.

    And why not use NetBios universally, whatever that means? The machine are
    networking behind a NAT router. And if the OP takes the laptop and connects
    to a another network, then the OP disables Client for MS networks and File
    and Print Sharing for MS networks on the NIC so that the machine cannot
    network.

    It shouldn't be more complicated for the person than it needs to be.

+ Reply to Thread