ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore - Firewalls

This is a discussion on ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore - Firewalls ; I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program. I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for Windows Me. Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this product? ...

  1. ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.

    I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for
    Windows Me.

    Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this
    product?

    Kindly suggest one.

    Thanks.

    PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running
    on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows
    Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.

    Roger

  2. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    On 29 Apr 2007 18:57:17 -0700, meteore wrote:

    > I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.
    >
    > I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for
    > Windows Me.
    >
    > Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this
    > product?
    >
    > Kindly suggest one.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running
    > on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows
    > Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.
    >
    > Roger

    Just run an older version of ZA if you like it. Or you could try Kerio or
    Commodo.

  3. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    > Just run an older version of ZA if you like it. Or you could try Kerio or
    > Commodo.

    can you kindly advise, where I can obtain older version of ZA.

    thanks.

    roger

  4. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    meteore wrote:

    >> Just run an older version of ZA if you like it. Or you could try Kerio or
    >> Commodo.

    > can you kindly advise, where I can obtain older version of ZA.

    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=zalarm

  5. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    meteore wrote:
    >> Just run an older version of ZA if you like it. Or you could try Kerio or
    >> Commodo.

    > can you kindly advise, where I can obtain older version of ZA.
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > roger

    Why on earth are you still running that pathetic attempt at an OS called
    ME? Do yourself a big favor and dump it and upgrade to one that sort of
    works as opposed to that sad thing.

  6. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    On Apr 30, 1:57 pm, meteore wrote:
    > I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.
    >
    > I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for
    > Windows Me.
    >
    > Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this
    > product?
    >
    > Kindly suggest one.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running
    > on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows
    > Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.
    >
    > Roger

    jason is right to laugh at you.. ME was so bad microsoft was actually
    giving a free copy of XP to anyone with an ME license..

  7. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    On 30 Apr 2007 16:56:46 -0700, flamer die.spam@hotmail.com wrote:

    > jason is right to laugh at you.. ME was so bad microsoft was actually
    > giving a free copy of XP to anyone with an ME license..

    They did? I've still got a copy of ME installed on my other PC. Works fine
    for me but it is not even connected to the internet and is used for old PC
    games. I use it over Win98SE as I don't have to go searching for USB thumb
    drive drivers.

  8. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    flamer die.spam@hotmail.com wrote:

    > On Apr 30, 1:57 pm, meteore wrote:
    >
    >>I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.
    >>
    >>I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for
    >>Windows Me.
    >>
    >>Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this
    >>product?
    >>
    >>Kindly suggest one.
    >>
    >>PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running
    >>on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows
    >>Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.

    > jason is right to laugh at you.. ME was so bad microsoft was actually
    > giving a free copy of XP to anyone with an ME license..

    Come on, guys. Since the beginning of (digital) time, there are actually
    3 products worse than WinME.

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...8/article.html

    Ron

  9. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    "Jason" wrote in message
    > meteore wrote:
    >>> Just run an older version of ZA if you like it. Or you could try Kerio
    >>> or
    >>> Commodo.

    >> can you kindly advise, where I can obtain older version of ZA.
    >>
    >> thanks.
    >>
    >> roger
    >>

    > Why on earth are you still running that pathetic attempt at an OS called
    > ME? Do yourself a big favor and dump it and upgrade to one that sort of
    > works as opposed to that sad thing.

    ME is indeed sad, however, in all probability the computer would not be able
    to handle an upgrade of OS. The OP would probably be better off to just
    build a new PC using the latest components.

  10. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    "meteore" wrote in message
    news:1177898236.962514.257080@c35g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    >I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.
    >
    > I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for
    > Windows Me.
    >
    > Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this
    > product?
    >
    > Kindly suggest one.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running
    > on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows
    > Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.
    >
    > Roger

    AVG
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

  11. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    "Mellowed" wrote in message

    > "meteore" wrote in message
    > news:1177898236.962514.257080@c35g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    >>I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.
    >>
    >> I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for
    >> Windows Me.
    >>
    >> Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this
    >> product?
    >>
    >> Kindly suggest one.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running
    >> on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows
    >> Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.
    >>
    >> Roger
    >>

    > AVG
    > http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

    SORRY. Brain fade. AVG not applicable.

  12. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    > I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.

    Why on Mars would you do such a thing?

    > I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for
    > Windows Me.

    Duh?

    > Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this
    > product?

    Sure, but not that will run on ME... which is a basket case OS, and
    anyone running it should have their heads examined....

    > Kindly suggest one.

    No...

    > Thanks.

    You're welcome.

    > PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running
    > on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows
    > Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.
    > Roger

    Roger, if I were you, I'd find a copy of Win2k and do yourself a
    favor... a 6yo pc is not as old as you'd think, and win2k would run
    beautifully on it...

    RedForeman

  13. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    This will work on ME.
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=sygate

    "meteore" wrote in message
    news:1177898236.962514.257080@c35g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    >I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.
    >
    > I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for
    > Windows Me.
    >
    > Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this
    > product?
    >
    > Kindly suggest one.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running
    > on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows
    > Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.
    >
    > Roger

  14. Re: ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

    On Apr 30, 9:08 am, prophet wrote:
    > meteore wrote:
    > >> Just run an older version of ZA if you like it. Or you could try Kerio or
    > >> Commodo.

    > > can you kindly advise, where I can obtain older version of ZA.

    > http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=zalarm

    Thanks for your help. I d\l the old version.

    roger

+ Reply to Thread